View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 01:04 PM   #31
JEEPONLY
Deceased Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
July 4th week 1998. No wake for the week. It spoiled a lot of people's vacations! We took a boat over to Sunapee on the trailer just so we could do some "normal" boating.

A lot of waterfront damage. People had their trash barrels full of water on their docks to hold them down. The week following there was a lot of scrap wood floating on the lake.
I was going to reply to the same post you did but wasn't really sure of the year (1997/1998?).
I was working at Goodhue & Hawkins- Wolfeboro. The water was over the top of the docks and swirling around the foot of the gas pump out at the front end of the dock.
Service people scrambled to move/remove boats from different areas of the marina as some of the sizes of the boats couldn't necessarily be accommodated by their usual dock locations.
Anyway- I took several pictures of the situation, but they were stored on a computer that no longer exists!!! Wish I still had them.
Unfortunately, I believe later, '98 was the same year as the tragic Donzi accident that took place during the maiden run of a 30 footer that had been prepped for a customer.
JEEPONLY is offline   Reply With Quote