Thread: Police standoff
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 05:28 PM   #24
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnisquamer View Post
I agree with you and 100% support the police. But I hate seeing this being thrown in civilians faces since this whole anti cop protest nonsense has started.

"So while you can work at your job with your "horrible customer" you don't have to worry if he will pull out a gun or other weapon."

As a police officer you willingly decided to put on that uniform and put yourself in that position knowing the circumstances you may find your self in can be dangerous. No one forced you to become a police officer and you collect compensation for that service. Don't want that risk become a desk jockey like the majority of us, like you said I don't want to have to worry about that horrible "customer" pulling a gun on me at a traffic stop, so I carry a pack of pencils and a calculator not a badge and firearm.
I agree 100%. And I promise to never come to your workplace and tell you how to use your pencils. I never said I did not enjoy the job which has a lot of personal rewards that come from helping people. My only objection is people who have no idea what they are talking about deciding that they know better than a trained, educated, experienced officer. Or people who criticize the actions of police officers without knowing what the circumstances are. Sure there are police officers who don't do things right but they make up less than 1% of the total.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post: