Thread: Police standoff
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 05:04 PM   #23
Winnisquamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
You could not be more wrong in so many ways. Your opinion is typical of a civilian who sees a trooper exceeding the speed limit without his lights and siren on and makes a snide remark or a donut joke, sure that the speeding is not justified. Many times the officer is attempting to catch up to a traffic violator and knows that if he activates his lights while far behind the other vehicle the subject may take off, which will cause an unnecessary chase. Other times he may be going to assist another officer and the situation requires that he hurry, but it would not be classified as an "emergency".

So many untrained civilians think they have all the answers as to how a police officer should do his job.

Don't need some surplus military equipment? Tell that to the San Bernadino police who used their Bearcat and another armored vehicle to approach the killers vehicle.

. Go out on your own at 3 AM and stop a car in a dark section of route 93 with 4 people inside who are suspects in a crime and see how much that feels like dealing with your "horrible customer". Good comparison, I'm sure it is exactly the same thing you face on a daily basis.

I agree with you and 100% support the police. But I hate seeing this being thrown in civilians faces since this whole anti cop protest nonsense has started.

"So while you can work at your job with your "horrible customer" you don't have to worry if he will pull out a gun or other weapon."

As a police officer you willingly decided to put on that uniform and put yourself in that position knowing the circumstances you may find your self in can be dangerous. No one forced you to become a police officer and you collect compensation for that service. Don't want that risk become a desk jockey like the majority of us, like you said I don't want to have to worry about that horrible "customer" pulling a gun on me at a traffic stop, so I carry a pack of pencils and a calculator not a badge and firearm.
Winnisquamer is offline   Reply With Quote