View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 10:49 AM   #579
Yosemite Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE View Post
First of all Yosemite good to see you changed your mind and decided to come back. I appreciate your questions on this matter.

First please explain why lake winni is not a place for them? It is the Largest Body of water in NH. Lake Winni has always had boats capable of breaking 45 mph. why suddenly is it not capable of handling these? what has changed?

Supporters keep saying "unsafe". Other supporters have stated that they FEEL safer but there is no stats to prove that. Perhaps you have data to back up this safety claim? So far NO DATA or STATS have been used to prove this.

This is why there is a 2 year test period to collect data to be reviewed at the legislature to decide if a speed limit is needed. So far NO DATA has been collected to prove anything has changed on Lake Winni and it is now in sudden need of a limit.
Evidently you don’t do much on Lake Winni other than use your GFB. If you did you might be more aware of how it is to feel unsafe when a GFB is going at top speed and you are in a Kayak within the sight and sound of it. One GFB is bad enough at high speed but when you get more than one of them going side by side just to see which one can go the fastest, then I feel very, very uncomfortable on the Lake.
The only data that I have is that I did not see this happening as much this year on the Lake.

Question: Why is that even when you talk about Pontoon boats you have to know how fast they will go instead of how comfortable they are and how you can have fun by just going slow and enjoying the scenery. I have a friend that has one of these party boats and we have fun cruising around the Lake and have never even talked about how fast they can go. I really don’t think he bought it to see how fast it can go.