Thread: Why is it....
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 01:29 PM   #2
Shreddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dt5150 View Post
that when you're out fishin people seem to buzz your boat so closely? it happens every time i go out. a couple weeks ago, i was trolling over by welch island and at least a half a dozen ski boats came zipping by at 30 yards towing skiers. people almost always have more than enough room to skirt around you, yet they get as close as they can. down by rattlesnake.. trolling along the east side 100 yards from shore and you'll have people buzz by you between you and the island when there's MILES of open water on the other side?!? i guess i just don't get it...
Joined today just to post this topic? I'm sure your gripe is justified, however, I'm going to play devil's advocate. Why do fishermen feel it's necessary to fish in unnecessary places at the wrong times? The one instance that comes to mind, this year I was coming back through the graveyard on a Saturday and this guy was sitting right in the middle fishing away. He was completely reluctant to fact that the graveyard is a tight passage as it is. Was he doing anything illegal? Probably not. However, was he wrong for what he was doing? In my opinion, yes.

Sidenote, we also have guys come into our marina on their bassboats and fish using their trolling motors. There is a no fishing policy in our marina and signs are posted. Just saying...