View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 09:09 AM   #35
Irrigation Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671
Actually a Sunsation would be equipped with twin 425 HP mag HO's for a total of 850hp. Merc does not make a 435hp per engine package. The next engine setup above this would put it at 1000+hp. Engine choices are 320hp, 375hp, 425hp, and 525hp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalRealtor
Speaking of misinformation and math skills.

The 32' Sunsation powerboat had twin 435 hp motors, by my calculations thats 870 HP, certainly not well over 1000 hp as you claim.

You have stated here in the past your own boat often travels in excess of 60 mph. I know my own 23' boat has a difficult time hitting speeds of 50mph, and its a single 250hp engine.

What is the combined HP of your boat that is capable of speeds in excess of 60MPH and using your own words "does it quite often" ?
I stand corrected, Thanks Codeman. A little less power than I quoted. My information came directly from the link to the article listed above.

My point was that Islander was exaggerating the HP of the sunsation powerboat to make her point. She is obviously against that type of boat in particular.

The boat in the accident and her own boat are capable of traveling in excess of 60 mph. Both can deadly under a specific set of circumstances.