View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 11:20 AM   #31
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz View Post
I'm with longtimelurker, I have been using Stafford and am very happy with them. Bob in service is very knowledgable and will answer all my questions without complaint, very patient.

I also agree indirect storage tank is the way to go. Never runs out of hot water, always consistent. I never had luck with coils in the boiler. Also you could install the indirect storage tank now to take care of the hot water problem and wait on the boiler if there are no problems. Why replace the boiler now if its only hot water issue that indirect tank would correct?

during summer your boiler will run a lot less frequently with indirect storage tank. Its much more efficient that the hot water of your boiler with coil.
A 30 year old boiler needs replacing regardless. I agree, an indirect storage tank is the best. I just went through this last year. It's not my primary residence so I just went with the new boiler with a new internal coil. It works great and the boiler is so much more efficient. Eventually the coils lose their efficiency but when they are new they work fine. I could be dead by the time that happens. "Forever" is not in my vocabulary anymore.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote