Thread: Headway Speed
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 06:50 PM   #41
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimi View Post
Meanwhile, the NW winds were howling on Saturday and Sunday, probably creating waves in some of the no-wake zones 10 to 20 times higher than any boat going 6 mph (which is the current max allowed by law in a NW zone). Perhaps MP can issue tickets to Mother Nature? This is the most ridiculous, time-wasting argument I've ever seen. If someone is blasting through a no-wake zone, then they deserve a ticket. But if someone is going 5-6 mph, putting out a 1-2" "WAKE" (more than a duck makes), then leave them the hell alone. What type of shorefront or property damage can a 1-2" wake produce? NONE!
Not sure why you're complaining. Your post illustrates exactly why it made sense to eliminate the nominal speed limit. And nobody would call a 1" wake a wake.

I was out Sunday in my centerboard sail boat (Doh! I just couldn't help myself). What would normally be inappropriate wakes from nearby power boats made things even more difficult, but it was obvious that they needed the extra juice. I'm sure MP would have seen it the same way.
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote