View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 03:41 AM   #14
ApS

Question Where Did Lake Winnipesaukee's Canoes Go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belkin View Post
I am in the process of purchasing a Yamaha Waverunner and was wondering what is the best way to store it on the water. I have an existing seasonal dock. One option would be simply to tie it to the doc either directly or with whips. I have read that this is not recommended. The other is attaching a PWC ride on float to the dock and keep the PWC on that, out of the water. I am looking for pros and cons for each approach. Also, if I get a PWC float will I need a separate permit for this and woduld this be hard to obtain? I really want the PWC accessible, so I would not want to have to trailer it every time I wanted to use it.

Thanks,
Bellini
I have a permanent dock, and can tell you what doesn't work.

A tenant uses two factory standoffs, bolted to the dock.

The first season, the stainless steel mounts broke, lag bolts loosened, and part of the dock planking became misaligned. The next season, they'd redesigned the dock mounts, reinforced the mounts with heliarced webs, and added a whip. The mounts were through-bolted to larger dock structure.

Factory cleats on the Waverunner appear not to have suffered.

While no significant damage happened last season, it was nerve-wracking to watch the wakes from boats greater than 24-feet pummel the Waverunner. (And it's not even mine!) It is clear that even adding their second whip isn't going to work.

I've suggested digging-in my spare 75-pound mushroom anchor, (diagonally) with chain, so that may be this season's countermeasure to Winter Harbor's many oversized boats.
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote