Thread: Wow trail
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 03:51 PM   #187
Outdoorsman

There is NO length the "self entitled" ppl at SD/LB will go to just to get their way.

“As some of you may know, I’ve taken a no-sanctuary-city pledge,” Spanos said at the public library forum sponsored by the Long Bay and South Down homeowners associations.

WOW Trail

The candidates took several questions about a proposal to extend the WOW Trail from Lakeport to The Weirs. The extension would be in a railroad corridor that skirts Paugus Bay on one side and the gated communities of Long Bay and South Down on the other.

Some residents have said it could pose safety concerns when they move their boats down to the water. Some fear privacy invasion and crime.

Hosmer said he supports extending the trail if a compromise could be found that would deal with the concerns of all involved.

“The last place anybody wants to end up is in court,” he said. “I would seek, if I were the mayor, to play an active role as facilitator because mediation is less expensive than litigation.”

Spanos also said he would make it a priority to bring the homeowners and trail proponents together.

“I think the WOW Trail is a great idea, and I’d certainly like to see it extended to The Weirs,” he said. “It makes sense for the tourism industry up here, but not over any neighbor’s objections.”

NO PAC monies involved here.....
Outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote