Thread: Dock
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 05:53 PM   #3
DickR

As MM said, Watermark is one good outfit for a dock. The other two most often cited on this forum are Center Harbor Dock & Pier (Center Harbor, Rte 25) and Raise-A-Dock (Rte 16). All three can give you a very good seasonal, crank-up dock. Cost and availability will vary. This is a very busy time of year for them. I happened to use CHD&P a few years back. I started the process in March, and they were able to get the frame built and hung on the shore-side "header bar" within a week. I love the dock, and the price was good. Starting now will be quite different, schedule-wise. If this is a replacement for an existing dock, permitting may not be required.

If you are handy, you can build your own frame+decking dock for short money. Putting it in after ice-out and hauling it out in the fall can get old real fast if it isn't a crank-up, but this depends a lot on your frontage. A lightweight aluminum frame dock and a pair of waders may be all you need, all available online. What is your situation?
DickR is offline   Reply With Quote