View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 10:08 PM   #27
gokart-mozart

Default Review of Inn on North Main

My wife and I went there last Friday night, motivated in part by some of the good reviews here and wanting to diversify our eating out habits in Food-boro.

First, the good news: The food was terrific, every bit as good as everyone says. I had onion soup, which was very flavorful, not the usual melted cheese and bread with a little broth. My dinner was the gnocchi, perfectly prepared. My wife had the filet, also perfect.

Now, the bad news: We didn't like the room. It seemed kind of antiseptic - almost cafeteria-like, with the linoleum-type floor and modern furnishings. The floor, plus the simple window treatments, amplified the music to the point that it was intrusively loud. I'm not a fan of background music in a restaurant AT ALL, but if it has to be there, it should not be front and center like it was Friday night.

When we went in at 7:30, there were two other couples there, but they left by 8 and we were alone, on a Friday night, in this big, noisy, kind of cold decor room. Not the best environment to enjoy this great food.

The service - reception and table - was great. Warm, welcoming, looking after us well without bugging us.

Overall, my choices in town are 1) Mis en Place, 2) The Restaurant, and 3a) Garwoods 3b) Bayside (different #3s for different purposes/occasions). We loved the food but didn't really care for the venue, but we'll definitely be back.
gokart-mozart is offline   Reply With Quote