View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 05:46 PM   #330
Skip

Unhappy A plea to the Webmaster...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander View Post
BroadHopper has asked Skip for clarification. i wonder why he has not responded. He can end the argument.

You out there Skip?
Actually, the only thing I can say to end any of the arguments here is simple:

....Don, please suspend the speed limit threads indefinitely....

It's over.

The Governor has signed the bill and it becomes law next year.

Everyone has two years to review the bill and make their voices heard at the appropriate time when the bill gets set to expire several years from now.

Don has been extremely fair in allowing both sides great latitude in airing their respective opinions during the lengthy time this subject has been before the public.

He has also been extremely lenient in letting a handful of individuals on both sides of the issue beat this issue to death.

But it is time to put this issue behind us and move on!

In the many years I have been fortunate to be a guest of Don's, I have seen and participated in many spirited debates. But in most cases those debates were short lived, and except for the occasional troll or drum beater, everyone picked up the pieces and quickly moved on to other issues...usually issues of common interest that strengthend this great website and didn't tear it apart.

Yeah, I know....if I don't like it just ignore it.

But I happen to care very deeply about this site and many of the regular folks that have populated these threads for years. And, this is strictly my opinion, I think a number of the great folks that regularly posted here are tired of the animosity, tired of the speed limit debate popping up all over the place, and just generally tired of the negativity this particular debate has generated.

Listen, some of you drum beaters are obviously very technically savvy when it comes to the internet. And some of you obviously have the time. I beg any one of you, on either side of the issue, to start your own website devoted solely to this debate. Move it away from here and let this site return to some semblance of calm, a signature that made this site the great place that it still is.

I'll say it one last time....it is long past time that we all (myself included) move on!

Thank you.....

Skip