Thread: Proposed Law
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 08:35 AM   #237
ApS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
"...I rarely boat on Winni. In fact, my PWC barely exceeds the proposed 45 mph limit...if the proposal passes on the largest lake in the state, I would venture to speculate that it would be passed on other bodies of water as well..."
Now, why wouldn't you want to share the "lake of your choice" with Winnipesaukee's ex-cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
"...if you were traveling across Winnie at 120 in a floatplane you had better have been airborne as liftoff is somewhere between 35 and 65..."
But your "Unlimited Speeds" proponents tell us 120 is safe for boats! Floatplanes have options on the water—and virtually no traffic over the lake.

All boats are stuck in one dimension and, among Winnipesaukee's cowboys, small boats are the most-stuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
"...I raced SCCA a long time ago at speeds in excess of what you mention. If I could look only at the temp gauge once per lap we would have never won a race..."
I'll guess you didn't have GPS, or have three engines in your Sports Racer—or an instument panel that looks like this one:

Most of us use lights like this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
"...if the traffic on the lake is dense enough so don't have time to look at your instruments or to navigate, then you should slow down, you are being reckless..."
...you're writing of the "common sense" we aren't witnessing on the lake?

Quote:
"...If you are crossing shoals or dodging islands so fast that you can't read your instruments or navigate, you should slow down, you're being reckless. ..."
Running across islands, running upside-down into cottages, running over other boats, and running ashore is reckless, but how many others got stopped by the NHMP?

Quote:
"...If you operate your boat recklessly you should be fined or jailed. ..."
One would think so...

Quote:
"...Not one speed limit opponent will recommend operating recklessly. ..."
I direct your attention to the first post in this thread, which begins..."Law or no law...."

"Law or no law, you cannot stop the speeding and noise any more than you can on route 93. I will continue to boat as I always have. And, from what I have been told, even if I get issued a ticket, which is VERY unlikely, it can be fought and won."

Quote:
"...Not one speed limit opponent will suggest that speeds over 45 MPH are appropriate at all times and all places...."
How about "over 90"?

"...As the owner of a boat that will do well over 90 mph,this proposed law will do nothing to change the way I boat one bit..."

Quote:
"...This is pretty simple stuff you think that you would have got it by now..."
I'm slow on the water, too.

Watch for me—especially if I'm capsized.