View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 03:11 PM   #61
OCDACTIVE

I am not going to copy the above quote from EL because it doesn't deserve to be read more then once and frankly I am still laughing.

Will you please stop with the drama..........

Lets recap shall we:

1. Threads are opened up.
2. EL appears from no where claiming never to have posted but watched the from the sidelines because he did not want to be ridiculed.
3. Starts a supporters thread so that he could discuss the speed limits with again "no ridicule or intemidation" (however no discussion there in weeks)
4. No one continuously posts there so he starts causing arguments in the compromise thread.
5. Polls are made showing the majority of people on the site do not want the speed limits. He crys foul and tampering.
6. continues to make accusations and parses other peoples posts to try to piece together arguments.
7. Makes accusations that he is receiving prank phone calls.
8. Explains detailed history of Winni.com and prior posts from years ago (mind you from the sidelines)
9. Gets in heated disagreements where he accuses people of intemidation, however people immediately respond that they are sorry if he took it that way.
10. Calls the SL Opposers Felons for making jokes about going by his house and/or breaking the speed limits.
11. He gets people upset that they were called felons for having a discussion
12. Now says that the threads should not have been opened back up because of this intemidation.

Seriously, I think we all, supporters, opposers, and the webmaster can see your agenda. I as well as others have tried over and over to discuss things rationally and it never ceases to amaze me on how you twist every single comment.

There was a two week span that you did not post and many civil conversations took place between many supporters (again I applaud Sunset for his views, and even APS for many of his recent statements) and opposers.

The only member causing issues and crynig foul is EL....

So either please join in on civil conversations or stop the Melodramatics... It is getting tiring.

So back to minimum planing speed discussion as this thread was intended....

I think what we need to do is all come to an agreement as to the definition of being "safely" on plane. As discussed boat manufactorers list there #'s. But please keep in mind this is also from a marketing standpoint. Many manufactorers want their boats to have very low planing speeds so that they can boast that pulling a skier will be easier with their brand. However, as we all know just bringing the bow down does not make for a Safe planing speed. So before we can really discuss what would be realistic lets all try to come to a defination that works.

I feel in my boat that a safe planing speed would be roughly 30-32. This is where no trim tabs would be needed, I would not lose plane if I hit waves or made a course adjustment. I think that this would be most efficent for my boat (as it is currently propped) to avoid losing control (off plane) keeping a steady safe speed, and not throwing a large wake.