View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 08:18 AM   #59
VtSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm203 View Post
All this talk about the criminal mentality is ridiculous. If you really want to know who the criminals are, look at Winnfabs for the lies they fabricated and spewed, and look at our politicians. Their stupidity in actually passing this law is criminal in itself. I guess after being hammered and brainwashed over the years by the whiners, they just gave in. The passing of any new law without supporting data is the ultimate in criminal mentality.

P.S. And, suprisingly, I support a night time SL.
I loved the parts about "creates large wakes with high speed banking turns". I've struggled with that one ever since I read it in their poorly prepared, non-factual PP presentation with both gramatical and spelling errors.

We've had people like that ruin our waterfront over here. Cherish any of the many destinations you can go by boat on Winni, not here.

Speaking of planing speed, I was out yesterday and tested this theory. Granted, with a 5.0 and a light hull, I don;t have the issues many do. I can consistently stay on plane, which is key here, at 19 mph, 25 mph I'm fine. At 30, it drives a little better, and the wake is pretty small.

If you take a larger boat, the tests are not as easy. I would imagine for most boats, 25 - 30 mph is the sweet spot. (much easier if you clean your hulls too).

Fine with me, that's about my average at night for a long time, sometimes I'm closer to 20 than 25.