Thread: Osteria Poggio
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 01:59 PM   #63
Gatto Nero

Thumbs up

My wife and I went a couple of weeks ago, just after they opened. We had a hiccup or two but that is to be expected 4 days after opening. I had the somewhat unusual request to bring my own bottle of wine. It was our 35th anniversary and we had a bottle that we bought in Italy on our 25th so it meant something to us. Anyway, they were very accommodating. They did charge a corkage fee but I expected that. They even decanted it for us.

The food was fantastic. We don't tend to eat as much as we used to but we wanted to try several things on the menu so we asked to split and app (Caparchio), a pasta dish that I can't recall and the squid ink ravioli. All were spectacular. The caparchio came as family style but they brought the other two dishes out in separate plates, which was convenient. The only issue was that the waitress was new and didn't understand that the three dishes should have been spaced out, not brought to the table all at once, but that was corrected immediately once she saw the surprise on our faces.

Something that came as a very pleasant surprise was the squid ink ravioli. We tried it because, well, why not? It sounded interesting. What we got was well beyond what we expected. It consisted of not only the ravioli but also with ample amounts of lobster meat and pan seared scallop. It was fantastic. Because of the timing issue to gave us a dessert on the house. We ordered Berrimisu, which I thought was a little heavy, but my wife liked it.

Overall, I think it's a great addition to the area. We'll be back.