Thread: snow blower
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 08:16 AM   #36
Dad sold the C * C

Default Keep it clean

A few tips That I'm sure most know, but if it helps one person ....

I have an old hunk of Parrifin wax that I use to rub down the shoot and auger area. I have also used Pam, but get questioned by the wife at dinner time. (ONCE I went and got the cold can from outside and when she pushed the button, it just sputtered and dripped down the can)

Always clean the machine when your done, no matter how tired or late you are. Lost 2 hours last year because the wheel axels were frozen. Heat gun on mid temp made me nervous near the gas.

On wet heavy stuff turn the shoot in the same direction as your discharge auger rotates, since it's all the same direction it clogs less. Not always convenient but neither is the snow in the first place.

I've had 2 Ariens and very happy with both. I help a friend that has a horse farm and clears over a acre each storm, all grass, dirt or crushed stone; she has a 24" Honda for the tight spaces and I really like it. For the bulk of the yard she has a Honda tractor with a 40" blower on the front. Unfortunately they stopped making them years ago, we had to go to NJ last spring to buy a used blower attachment, we limped through last year, but only with the help of the service guy at the Honda dealer in Manchester. Can't say enough nice things about him.
Dad sold the C * C is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dad sold the C * C For This Useful Post: