View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 07:51 AM   #225
no-engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyitbos View Post
Somebody may WANT the city to own part of the building, I cannot speak specifically what the 4 suits entail (I do know that A is suing B is suing C is suing A) fits the scenerio anyway....but that's a stretch that the city has encroaching property lines, (if I understand the "rumor"); the title company would have never given a title policy with an encumbrance of that nature, wouldn't you agree?...let's chaulk that up to another wild rumor....what's not a rumor is that there IS asbestos. That is the reason for such a high cost to raze and disposed of...Glad you posted, it is important that rumors are dismissed as soon as possible. Come to think about it...if the owners would just keep neighbors abreast of "what's happening"..they might find more support than they realize. Oh well, we all conduct our business differently and they must think that this is the best course to eliminate further exposure to scrutiny but based on results not the gossip. Thanks again for posting the lastest so it could be addressed early.
Thanks for the thoughts/observations.
Owners would also likely NOT get an occupancy permit or liquor license if the bar/lounger were infringing on another 's property, especially State highway right of way!

So right, owners communications to neighbors would create much support! Maybe the group that went to City Council last week should go to Fire Marshal's office, assuming that proceedings are stalled there; media has reported that fire remains "under investigation." My observation: if not now, soon entry to lower level will be extremely bad idea due to instability of the upper floors. I would not enter the spaces, and I would never park my construction equipment so near a disaster "about to happen."

I encourage user "weirs drive in" to post comments!
no-engine is offline   Reply With Quote