View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 10:12 AM   #11
Doobs41378

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithMan View Post
Putting on my "Karnak the Magnificent" hat and cape to predict the future, I believe we will look back on this time in several years, (or less), as a huge inflection point for how we conduct our lives professionally and personally.

--I have been in technology sales for my entire career. Every year, all of the big tech companies, (Oracle, Dell, Fujitsu, etc), have their major customer events that attract thousands, (tens of thousands, in some cases), people. Corona has caused these to go virtual this year, and I believe that trend will continue.

--Video calls/video conferencing will boom. Business travel for sales calls, meetings, etc will decrease dramatically.

--Same for education. Why do kids have to be physically in school for 180 days? (public school). What is so magical about 180 days? This shift will be slower due to unions, etc, but education will move to online/virtual as well.

--Schools/companies that do not adopt technology to facilitate the above will be left in the dust.

--This may be the catalyst that the world needs to further clean up the environment. The "before-and-after" smog pictures from large cities around the world since everyone has been home is dramatic.

I could go on and on, but you get the picture. Historians will look back on this time as one which changed the world.
I cannot see grade school going completely online. That would be telling the parents you cant go to work because your first grader cannot stay alone to virtually learn.
The Following User Says Thank You to Doobs41378 For This Useful Post: