View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 11:20 AM   #63
XCR-700

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset on the dock View Post
This kind of negative and petty rhetoric is why these threads are continually shut down. Lots of us "get it" and fortunately our legislators, by a wide margin in both houses, agreed. Get over it!

I dont know either of you folks, but from what I can see this looks like a case of “the pot calling the kettle black”

You may not like VtSteve’s statement; “Like I said, some here "get it". Some are just gum flappers.” but your own response “Get over it!” is more harsh. So is this leading by example?

Unfortunately its your opening comment “This kind of negative and petty rhetoric is why these threads are continually shut down.” comes across as threatening.

Forums like this are created to allow people to share information and opinions. Yes it should be done respectfully, but your accusation leads me to believe you either don’t believe we are entitled to voice our opinions or that you consider any opinion that is contrary to yours as negative, and your response to either situation is to ratchet the tone up to make your point. Sounds like bullying to me,,,

The fact that we are talking about rules/laws and politicians is NO reason to stop discussing and debating any issue, if anything its more of a reason to vigorously debate the matter.

If the goal is safer AND more enjoyable boating, and for some of us limited government and taxes and fees, then the debate MUST continue. Hopefully respectfully and productively,,,

Well that’s one boaters opinion, and more icons than I have ever used in one post.
The Following User Says Thank You to XCR-700 For This Useful Post: