View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 08:16 PM   #1
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default New Cadillac headlamps

Anyone seen the brand new top of the line Caddy? They have the state of the art technology in headlamps. LED projection lamps. My gf car is in the shop for an electrical gremlin failure. Cantin is unable to find the problem. Meanwhile Cantin gave us the latest and greatest top of the line fansy pansy Caddy. Took a rocket scientist to figure out all the bells and whistles. At night the headlamps low beam have a distinguish sharp horizontal line across the horizon where the brilliant white light practically make the road shines! At high beam the light pierce the road down a great distance, almost like daytime!

This has cause a problem. We were traveling on 109 from Wolfeboro to Tuftonboro. I was driving and I kept the lamps in low beam. High beam was really unnecessary on a slow windy road. The local police passed us from the opposite direction, turn on his blue lights, turned around and pulled us over. The young officer asked for license and registration and return to his car, never telling us why he pulled us over. When he returned he ask me if I knew why he pulled me over. I said, I'm not sure as I am in an unfamiliar car and I'm sure my speed was below the speed limit. He says I have defective headlamps and the lamps needs to be replaced and reinspected! He gave me a D-tag. I ask him why it is defective and he said it was awfully bright and he feels they were made for off road use only. Replace them with the factory light. He also stated I was lucky I was given a D-tag as he could give me a ticket for illegal operation of a vehicle. WOW!

Anyone else had the same problem? I wonder if Skip has something to say. Should the local police get training on new technology?