View Single Post
Old 03-17-2023, 02:38 PM   #42
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts
Default The more things change, the more they stay the same

I read this thread with great interest. My parents owned a small cottage colony on Weirs Blvd. back in the late 70s/early 80s. Back then, believe me, people were crazy. One family would invite its extended family and have cars all over the property. Another family would be so messy, that my mom resigned herself to throw out all the pots and pans after their two week stay. Don't even mention Bike Weekend. I think people have always been the same. Some are considerate and well-behaved, others not so much.

What has changed is our reaction to poor behavior. I will speak for myself, but my tolerance level is razor thin. My parents, who by the way did not show a lot of patience with me or my brothers, did not appear to overreact to others when bad things happen. They took things in stride. Frankly, they acted like adults.

We have an issue with short term rentals in SD/LB. Bad things happen, property gets damaged, people overreact, and the next thing you know we have rules essentially banning short term rentals. Being a full time resident, I supported these new rules. I didn't rent my house so what do I care?
Maybe I could have been a little more tolerant.
Major is offline   Reply With Quote