View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 08:08 PM   #2
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Welcome to the Forum, dickiej...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiej View Post
Greetings!
I'm new to the forum and find it really interesting. Lots of good, thoughtful people posting. My dad had a place in Alton bay for years in Peggy's Cove. Sadly, we had to sell it due to financial reasons. Boy, do I wish we could have held onto it! Anyway, maybe this is a good time to bring up the subject of licensing boaters. You need a license to cut hair, do carpentry, even wash dogs, but any fool can buy a power boat and head on out. I live on the ocean and see things that would curl your hair! If boaters were licensed, the threat of having their operating license revoked is one more tool that can be used to possibly educate and threaten them with.
I think you may be looking at doing more than the current laws do, equating it a car or a plane.

Not sure how long you may have been away from the lake, but in case it has been a while, NH does have a requirement that in essence requires anyone 16 or older to complete a boater safety course, passing a course upon completion. However, just like in a car, it doesn't matter how much you try to educate a person, some will just not do the right thing.

Thanks for your input, and again, welcome to the Forum.