View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 09:08 AM   #68
XCR-700

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Boy View Post
Many on this forum have been saddened by the direction the lake has taken in the last 20 years. TB
If you are referring to the endless number of new restrictions and people who are trying to change the hundred year nature of Winnipesaukee, than I FULLY agree with you!

This is not the Winnipesaukee of the past, some things are better, some are worse.

For some issues we can agree to disagree, and vent about those things that bug us on the forums.

For other issues there are processes to enact public safety laws. The positive outcomes are building codes, food safety, industrial regulations, etc. The negative outcomes are most often restrictions of personal freedoms, and the foundation for those restrictions are all too often personal preference, not public safety!

I will be the first to agree that we have a group of the population who abuse EVERY privilege known to man. They want their experience to be bigger, louder, more of every facet of what came before them and not by a small fraction as we have seen in the past, it by multiples of X.

I will also concede that in “some” cases intervention with restrictions is a necessary evil, but those cases should be the exception, NOT the standard. We didn’t create a legislative process to define and regulate every element of our lives, we did it to provide protects from worst offenders.

This is America, not some totalitarian autocracy, so just because we can make a law or regulation doesn’t mean we should,,,
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XCR-700 For This Useful Post: