View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 04:13 AM   #60
ApS

Default Not so big...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
"...APS, don't you think we should keep religion out of lawmaking? I thought your old screenname was just a joke. It's a big world, isn't there enough room for all of us...?"
Between lost/semi-submerged metal shipping containers, lost fisheries, pollution, oil-spills—plus the freight and oil tanker traffic—even "our endless oceans" don't have room for us any more.

My old screen-name was no joke: it was a reminder of recent US history. My present screen-name is a reminder that smaller boats impact fewer people on the lake.

1) Boat registrations have doubled on Lake Winnipesaukee in the last two decades, so it's not just the shorelines that are no longer "infinite".

2) Since Lake Winnipesaukee's shorelines are all pretty-much developed, there are a great-many more residents to be irritated by excessive noise.

3) One can always complain to the Marine Patrol—but prepare to be interrogated!

Toll-free NHMP: (877) 642-9700

4) Activities of every single legally-compliant boater can easily be overlooked and ignored.

5) But just one non-compliant boater in "the N.E. area of the lake (Northern W'boro,T,boro, Melvin Village area)" can disturb miles and miles of people near Lake Winnipesaukee.

Some boats can be heard across the full length of Winnipesaukee's open Broads!

6) Residents of these shorelines have their own kinds of noises.

• Listening for weather reports,
• to music or AM radio, for talk or the crackles of lightning nearby
• to a scanner's emergency calls and
• to calls for assistance and
• to warning signals from other boats and
• to the voices of Nature, and
• to just normal conversation around
• docks
• sun decks
• the grill

Those residents impact no one's enjoyments on the lake.

(And they have the greater stake in the well-being of our lake community).

7) As to religion, I merely referred to the other active forum thread named "Spiritual".

Note the absense of those who would change The Smile of Great Spirit to: ...It's All About ME...