Thread: Lyons Den
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 08:22 AM   #4
Phantom

Default Hidden Gem ??

I know I'm gonna regret posting this because now I'll never get a shot at getting that window seat ever again

Lyon's Den (in our humble opinion) is a Hidden Gem !!

My wife & I debated all the usual options for dinner Thursday evening when I remembered hearing of the Lyon's Den on the forum. A place that in all the Season's we've been going to the Lake had never tried. So off we went.

Through pure luck we were able to get a window seat (in fairness however, it was Thursday), which immediately set the tone beautifuly for our first visit.

For those who haven't yet tried Lyon's Den -- the food is Awesome, the menu diverse enough to satisfy both the meat & fish lovers of the group. I happen to be in the meat group and have to confess the "Steak au Poive" was amongst the very best I've ever had. BUT as the menu warns, it truely is not for the "faint of heart" it's HOT !! My wife, on the other hand is the fish lover, and she raved as well about her shrimp dinner. And the prices are in line with both the atmosphere and excellant food.

The best part of the Lyon's Den is that it is a dine by boat option !!! But take fair warning, the slip availbility I can see would be at a premium. Although it is the Gilford Town Docks (3 long docks) the first two are reserved for the "Islanders" (no disrepect to them) or "permit" holders. and that basicly leaves one side -- (the left side of the right most dock, closest to the boat ramp) for the public. As viewed when you approach.

We loved our first experiance so much that we made Reservations for Saturday night as well and brought our daughter & husband. Two excellant experiances.

So as not to be dissapointed in Your first visit, based on the size of the resturaunt and tables available I would strongly recommend making reservations (especially in-season).

Best Regards to Lauren....... we will see you again -- trust us. The bad news is we won't be back till the end of July so hold our table.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze3nm2c/lyonsden/id1.html