View Single Post
Old 08-24-2018, 06:22 PM   #11
Slickcraft

Thanked 2,000 Times in 914 Posts

From WMUR:

Quote:
ALTON, N.H. — A man fell out of a boat Friday morning in Alton and was killed, police said.

Officials said the incident on Lake Winnipesaukee involved two families who were visiting the state on vacation.

"We heard this screaming next door at the neighbors' place," resident Richard Walsh said.

Walsh said he ran to help when he heard the commotion about 9:30 a.m.

"I asked if I could help, and he said, 'Don't come near here,'" Walsh said.

The incident happened at a dock at a rental property along Woodlands Road. Marine Patrol officials said five families and three children were on board a boat when it left the dock on its way to Wolfeboro.

"One of the male adults fell from the boat and was subsequently run over and is deceased as a result," Marine Patrol Sgt. Dave Ouellette said.

The victim was identified as William Rowan, 35, of Wilmington, North Carolina.

Investigators said they are trying to figure out whether his death was caused by a boat malfunction or human error. Authorities said the man who was driving the boat was certified.

"Things can happen in a second," Ouellette said. "At face value, everything appears to be nothing more than an accident here. I don't know if this could have been prevented."

Officials are also sending out a safety warning.

"Be extra careful around boats and water," Ouellette said. "It's tragic. What happened today is tragic."

The boat has been taken by Marine Patrol to be examined.
Tragic event.
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote