View Single Post
Old 02-26-2015, 02:30 PM   #26
Airedale1

Thanked 1,569 Times in 274 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag100 View Post
The local Gov. needs a Gibbs "dope slap" to the back of the head! Stupid, stupid, idea! I rather see a parking lot
This proposal is NOT a part of "local Government's" vision for Laconia. You need to understand that just like in any other city or town, the Laconia Planning Board and Zoning Board has limited discretion in terms of what is allowed or not allowed on any given piece of property in the city.

Regarding the piece of property in question; it is zoned for business and provided that the business meets all of the Zoning and Planning Boards criteria, e.g. setbacks, green space, site plan approval etc. it can go through.
That being said, there will be a public Planning Board meeting held on Tuesday March 3rd at 6:30 p.m. in Room 200A at Laconia City Hall and the storage unit proposal will be on the agenda. The owner of the property will be in attendance.

I would strongly encourage any and all of you who like myself feel that storage units in a lakeside resort area is far from an ideal usage of the land to attend this meeting and make your views heard.

If you cannot attend the meeting, you can also email your thoughts on the proposed usage to the Laconia Planning board at:
GrahamK@city.Laconia.NH.US

I suggest you do both.

The emails will be printed out and presented at the meeting and they will carry weight. If you do not want to see storage units in the Weirs, this will be your chance to have your voice heard.

Last edited by Airedale1; 02-27-2015 at 09:23 AM. Reason: date correction
Airedale1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Airedale1 For This Useful Post: