View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 12:54 PM   #16
Winilyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
At age-68 I have been around the block a few times and know or know some older drivers who still kept driving, only in the day time, just local driving, going slow and being extra cautious.

Twenty years from now, when I am age-88, I sure as heck want to be driving these here NH golden roads ..... and older drivers deserve an easy "let it slide" here ..... No One Hurt is what matters the most.

It is not my decision. It's up to the local police ..... that's what they do.

I have no clue as to anything on the driver ..... age .... or anything, was only casually informed "it was an older guy" ...... and car was located at the senior center.

Senior drivers definitely deserve a break ..... go easy on them.

The end result is there was No One Hurt, my insurance, or his insurance will pay for the body shop to work their magic, or the insurance co will total out my car, give me a payment, and take my car ..... or something.

New Hampshire is a state with uncrowded, beautiful scenic roads, little traffic, and guys in big pickup trucks who stop to help!

As each year passes by, you get another year older ...... that's the way it works ..... you get that! .....

And, in about 20-months, I turn the big 7-0. ......
No FLL. Senior drivers do not deserve a break. We should be understanding and compassionate, yes, but when it comes to driving, you are either capable of driving safely or you are not. If you are not, then the law should take you off the road or responsible adults that observe the declining driving skills should take action to do so. An automobile can be lethal in the hands of an incapable individual regardless of age.
Winilyme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Winilyme For This Useful Post: