View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 07:08 AM   #15
mcdude

Thanked 1,041 Times in 489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
A Slingbox M2 is under $100 with no subscriptions needed, except of course your home cable service and internet service where you are.

It works great for me and my kids use it all the time from their apartments.
Slingbox is the way to go! Set-up is pretty easy. (Thanks to some tips from my nephew and Blue Thunder here on the forum - Thanks) I went with a direct cable connection from the slingbox to the modem back home as I was told the wireless option was less dependable. When you get up to camp, link your computer to the back of your TV with an HDMI cable and project whatever is on your computer onto the TV.

Note that you can only watch whatever is being broadcast on your home cable-box. You have the ability to change the channel remotely through the slingbox but can only watch one thing at a time. So if our webmaster is watching one show at home and one of his kids changes the channel at their apartment the channel at home also changes (and vice-versa). So if you're engrossed in a show at camp and someone changes the channel at home it may lead to a phone call, "Hey....I was watching that!!!!"

So this eliminates the need for "Triple-Play" at the lake. We have only an internet connection with Metrocast. We use cellphones and the slingbox for cable. Internet only through Metrocast is $65.37 per month.

mcdude is offline   Reply With Quote