View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 09:56 AM   #17
Natt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbeam lodge View Post
Thanks, We always wondered what Kingdom meant. There is also another rock marked on the inside channel between little and big Beaver. Across from Sullivans boathouse. I saw Eben Lincolns name show up somewhere when I researched the deed to the land my home is built on. Was the white house on Hale road up at the top of the hill what you refer to as the Homestead for Haledges orchard? Do you remember the cabin on the land next to Beaver landing? Right next to the cabin There was a huge leaning pine tree that blew down in a big windstorm. The cabin is the greatest place in the world to relax and listen to the waves. This could have been the place
Ames wrote his movie plays. One time a guy stopped by to say he used to vacation at the cottage and I showed him around. He indicated trucking company owner in Nashua had owned or rented there.
Hi,
The white house was the Hale home now owned by grandson Paul Eldridge of Meredith. The Veasey homestead was on the right just before the bar way leading to the white house. That is the homestead that was torn down for salvage in the early seventies by a Steve Ahlgren, builder, from the Sanbornton area. I do remember the rustic cabin. Natt
Natt is offline   Reply With Quote