View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 08:42 AM   #61
Winnipesaukee Divers

Default An up date on the old coat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corollaman View Post
How would a fur coat end up in the water? Maybe it fell off one of the steam ships in the old days, but who would be wearing a fur coat in the summer? Did the steam boats run in the late fall/early winter too?
While tied to our docks at the Club the weekend before last, I watch as an old woody speed boat pulled up to the Inn's dock next door. The old geezer, all dressed up in blue blazer, white trousers, white shores and captain’s cap got out and tied up. He put the rag top down and made everything ship shape. Then he pulled out this heavy fur coat and draped it over the bridge deck between the seats. He went on cheesing down the lines and tweaking everything else to show its best side.

He pranced around like a nervous cat for next 15 minutes while this,( shall we say; full figured) bride and her group made their way down the hill from the Inn's wedding tent. After about what seem like a hundred poses, it took three people to get her into the back seat. The groom squeezed in next to her, another dozen poses later they motored out past me. All the while the old coat lay on the bridge deck behind her.

So, I guess that would one explanation on how a fur coat got to the bottom of the lake. It’s very entertaining living next to the Inn...

PS: as you may recall: that weekend was 90+ and surly there was no need for such a heavy coat.
Winnipesaukee Divers is offline   Reply With Quote