Thread: Move it or Not?
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 08:02 AM   #20
CaptT820

Default Some Answers

All-
Thank you for all of the responses on this as I was a bit overwhelmed but not surprise due to the complexity of this issue. To answer everyone's questions here we go:

1- Not to further complicate things, but both of the previous owners have passed on as they were in their late 80's early 90's.

3- The previous owners owned the camp from 1972-2015 and bought it after the Castlewood Corporation divested the island into individual parcels.

4- We are on Sleepers Island, so it is waterfront.

5- According to the tax deed the camp was built in 1910. I am a construction engineer by trade and know this is false. Based on our knowledge and materials of the current camp it was most likely built around 1965-1966.

6-The camp is of the size that I could literally move it myself with some physics and engineering involved. I would prefer not to, but could if needed.

7-The neighbor we have encroached upon does not appear to want to sell the vacant land anytime soon, but we all know that could change. If they sell it we would try to buy it, but that could be decades from now.

8- We have contacted the real estate agent who sold us the property. They didn't give us much to go on and suggested that we try to get a lot line adjustment with the neighbor.

We could like to get out of this with as little difficulty as possible, obviously, so from the forum responses it sounds like we'll have to get our own survey completed. I was hoping to avoid this due to cost, but it looks like that's what will need to happen. I also have checked the survey that was done and it appears that it is correct, unfortunately.
CaptT820 is offline   Reply With Quote