Thread: Speed Traps
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 10:29 AM   #15
Tired of Waiting

Default We concur

Quote:
Originally Posted by hancoveguy View Post
You are correct Sir. However, as a former tractor trailer driver and current police officer, it is absolutely the smart thing to "move over" anyway. If the vehicle in the breakdown lane pulls out, opens its door etc you will be technically not in violation of any law but definitely worse off than just a ticket. If you ever watch tractor trailers (professional drivers) when there is a vehicle (any vehicle) in the BDL they instinctively move over to a safe lane. Is it required? NO. Is it the smartest, most courteous thing to do? YES.

Just my .02 cents
HCG

BTW- the move over law extends beyond emergency vehicles. It includes anything with amber strobes as well i.e., construction, tow and maintenance vehicles.
You're right. That is why I ended my post with "You only need to exercise the normal caution you always do." That was in reference to a car in the BDL. You should always use caution around them and move over if you can. But there is no law that states you have to. That was my point.

Good add with your BTW. Yes any veichle with amber or blue flashers must be moved over for.
Tired of Waiting is offline   Reply With Quote