View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 07:34 AM   #12
ishoot308

Thanked 4,942 Times in 1,917 Posts

Phantom;

I bought a "Yacht Club" trailer from Joe for my Premier pontoon last year on his recommendation which I am very happy with. Here's a couple recommendations I have for you...

#1. Make sure all four tires have brakes not just the standard two. This is a very cheap upgrade that Joe can do and well worth it!

#2. Once you get trailer make sure to adjust it once your boat is on it...better yet take it back to Joe and have him adjust it, he offered to do that for me. My boat is 26' with a 250 verado and a 9.9 kicker hanging off the back, it's ass heavy. I needed to move the rear axles back (they are completely adjustable which is really nice!), as well as move the front bow stop forward to get weight balanced properly. Balancing the weight of your boat on the trailer is crucial! It only needs to be done once so take the time to do it right. I also needed to adjust some of the bunks. This is no big deal and will make trailering your boat so much easier and safer.

#3. I needed break away chain extensions added to reach my vehicle. Double check this when you are there.

#4. Trailer does not come with a winch safety chain. Have Joe add one!

#5. Make sure you have the proper 5 pin flat adapter for your vehicle which will disable the hydraulic brakes when in reverse.

#6. Depending on the size of your boat, your trailer will have some flex to it. I use four tie down straps, two on the rear from the pontoon hooks to the trailer and two on the front from the pontoon hooks to the trailer. No need to over tighten just snug them up. Joe sells these straps at his facility.

#7. Make sure you get the forward ladder upgrade!!

I love my trailer and have bought quite a few trailers from Joe. He's a great guy and will treat you right!!

Good luck!

Dan