Thread: Big Logs
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 06:47 PM   #1
Keel Holler

Default Big Logs

Hi, anyone have recommendations for me?

I had to have some large trees cut down at my island camp. But stupidly, I did not specify exactly where the logs and brush should go, only that logs should be under 2’ (which they mostly are) and stacked neatly. But the brush is piled too high and/or too close to the house to burn. And the log piles are in the way- one blocks the path from my dock. The logs are mostly under 2’ as specified, but I had no idea they would be so heavy, and I can’t lift them. The arborist won’t come back to move the wood. I can’t say I blame him, because he did more or less do what we agreed- my fault for not specifying.

But now what do I do? On shore, I’d just offer it up on Craig’s List, but… island. I have a handyman who helps out with stuff, but he won’t do it either.

The arborist thought I could get a chipper for the brush, but I can only bring a little one out in my boat, and I’m not sure that would help much. And if I’m moving the brush to put it in a chipper anyway, I guess I could just move it into smaller piles in suitable locations to burn. But I’m stumped by the logs (sorry, sorry, couldn’t resist!) I considered a log splitter, but getting it here is problematic. And figuring out where to put it (there’s no nice flat space for it to live.) Plus there’s the fact that I can’t lift the logs.

Anyone have ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Keel Holler is offline   Reply With Quote