View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 07:26 AM   #11
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Can't remember all the restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
Do I remember some were not allowed to rebuild? I know it was a big issue but not sure how it ended.
Can't remember all the restrictions, but I believe the number of spots that could be replaced was 25, and there is restrictions on space between units and the type of construction materials that can be used.

My daughter lived across the street from the Rand Hill Rd entrance into the campground, and we raced down to load her and the kids into the car and bring them to our house. There were LP tanks exploding, and the top of one went right over the top of the small church next door and landed in the woods. Fortunately, it didn't start a fire in the woods. When one of those tall silver LP tanks exploded, the noise was deafening and I felt the concussion from the blast on my chest. We left and went straight to our house after that.

There were many heroes that day among the responders who kept the fire from getting to Rand Hill Rd and then jumping it. If that had happened, the fire would have had a clear shot all the way to rte 140! (Rand Hill Rd is the street that when on rte 11 heading west at the end of the bay, is straight ahead of you when you take the 90 degree right turn to head down into the bay parking and businesses. )