View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 05:35 AM   #5
Loub52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia View Post
There used to be a set of buoys, one black and one red, off of Bear by the mail dock marking a shallow spot for large vessels like the Mount (one was not supposed to go between them). Now the black has been replaced with a red top. Anyone know if this is a mistake or was it done on purpose to move traffic farther off Pine and force all to go through the full no wake zone? I used to see many boaters "cutting" the no wake zone there by slowing down very briefly by the buoy off Pine and quickly speeding up rather than go through the full no wake zone which one would have to do now if following the new set of buoys correctly. This is especially true of the Three Mile and Nokomis/Lawrence boats as well as those headed to Browns and Y-Landing.
I noticed the same last week. Understanding from this thread that the markers are now incorrect, I hope marine patrol addresses correcting the markers as a priority.
As a new boater to the area several years ago, I misunderstood the black/red marker configuration off of Bear by the mail dock and found myself lucky to avoid striking some rocks there. Someone new to the area, especially without the aid of correctly placed markers, may be in for a surprise.
Sponsored Links