View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 09:32 AM   #29
Lakepilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont Resident View Post
As you mentioned your in the business. Many Ford repeat customers like me will buy because it’s the only option, not because it’s the best option. So do not beat yourself on the chest stating Fords backing its products is the reason for sales.
Ford trucks are rust buckets. My truck as well as many other contractors who I’ve met are rusting thru at an alarming rate. Why? Poor design as stated by many a body repair shop. Fords are designed so that all the road crap sits in crevices behind the cab corners and wheel wells and rots the metal from the inside out. That is poor design plan and simple.
Ford diesel mechanics do only what is staring them in the face to fix a problem.
I know of several ford owners who would agree to this.
Also since we are on the subject I’m to assume you’re with Meredith Ford. Well your service dept is pitiful. Why? Because ford has these tolerances that are so wide that nothing fails. We were getting 11 mpg on our diesel. And you’re service dept said nothings wrong that’s normal. Well one day the truck died. 2 fuel injectors and a new fuel pump later I’m now getting 15mpg around town.
Funny how both you and Irwin could find NOTHING wrong with the truck and actually got mad at me for suggesting you didn’t attempt to find a problem in the first place.
Oh and you had no answer for why all the sudden the fuel economy went up after the new injectors were installed. Magical. Oh before all this happened I suggested bad injectors but Ford master mechanics said nothing was wrong. Instead of saying we have no way of testing them as I later found out is the case.
Oh and as earlier mentioned why does Ford use ball joints that have no grease fittings?
Because if they had grease fitting they might last longer?
Why did I, because of all the problems I was having purchase a 100k mile warranty at a cost of 3800 and have over 5k in warranty work done after the 36000 mile warranty ended. Fuel injectors, multiple fuel pumps, drive shafts, to mention a few.
So once again tell why Ford is so good at what they do? Cause I’m just not seeing it!
BR if you have a 6.7 diesel you may want to look at this thread. There have been issues with the HPFP and it sounds like your symptoms. Basically the 6.7 is very prone to expensive repairs caused by water in the fuel fuel. So much more then other engines that Ford has issued a policy on not covering those repairs.