View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 10:53 AM   #24
sa meredith

Default really?

Belmont Res
You state Ford does not stand behind their trucks.
3yr/ 36000 bumper to bumper...5yr/ 60000 engine/trans. (100K diesel)...5 year, unlimited on rust thru (not surface rust, which can be caused by no less than 500 things).
Christ...what more do you want?
Just the fact that they stay with the powertrain for 60K on vehicles they know are not going to be used for carpools, grocery store visits, or trips to Grand Ma's...but rather, used to plow miles and miles of snow, tow thousands upon thousands of pounds, carry construction supplies/debris every single freakin' day, just worked and worked and worked, every day.
I believe my sample size if higher than anyone in this forum, having dealt with no less than well over 2000 (yes, two thousand) Super Duty customers (many repeats included in that number) /transactions over the years...and the OVERWHELMING majority, would never consider annother product (a Toyota for heavy duty construction work????? Yeah, not today!). Very high satisfaction rate, from those with realistic expectations.
Beat the crap out of the truck...hey, you're going to have to spend a few bucks every now and again.
I'd love to have ten bucks for every customer that came back to trade a 5 or 6 year old Super Duty, and said to me, "You have no idea what I put that truck thru...can't believe I'm able to drive it here today."
Maybe it is not the best choice for the guy wanting the biggest, shiniest, prettiest truck sitting in his drive way...to wash and wax on a Saturday afternoon, and announce to the world he really is a tough guy.
But for the true American workman, building this countries houses, highways, bridges, stadiums, skyscrapers, etc....
Ford and GM have that market covered.
Built Ford Tough???? Yeah it is!
Of course, in the case of the 2004 Super Duty, with the 6.0...well, they got that one wrong. What a nightmare.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sa meredith For This Useful Post: