View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 12:58 PM   #3
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
This is a sincere plea for sanity to return to this website.

The constant bickering that is spreading across endless threads between these two groups is like a cancer eating at this great website.

And the foolish and countless references to "the law we shall not speak about" is just as bad.

The law was passed. Life goes on. Some of you really need to grow up and start acting like adults!

I see so many good friends I have made here have slowly disappeared, or post very little anymore. Some have told me via pm or email that they are discouraged by the nasty debate that is only practiced earnestly by but a handful.

I slipped away for a year myself, rather than get caught up in the foolishness. But upon return find it, in my humble opinion, as bad as ever.

Both of your groups have websites. Man up and run your own blogs or general discussion boards. Have at it until the cows come home. But give the rest of us loyal Winni lovers a break and take the foolishness elsewhere!

That's my rant....and my apologies ahead of time to Don!
Thank you Skip. As President of SBONH I have had conversations with Don regarding exactly what you speak of. I have spoken to the membership and have asked to keep any personal feeling regarding the winnifabs as well as the speed limits off of winni.com

If the subject continues to come up and a discussion turns sour this is not indicative of SBONH or its members. Unfortunately it is what occurs when there are differences of opinions regarding how the lake is to grow over the next year, decades, even generations.

I have personally held my posts many of time and continue to try to post only positive replies as well as keep the lakes region updated to safety issues and inspections.

I will always defend my group when called upon, however will never initiate a bickering match nor condone one. We are staying true to our mission statement to promote safety on the lake and effective legislation.

Thanks again for being such a supportive member to winni.com and hopefully your message will illuminate both sides of the debate to leave it alone now that it has all been said and done.