View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 08:44 AM   #153
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
MSW, now that we're getting to the end of the season, do you find yourself less in a rush to find something? It felt like you were really driven when you first posted, and a few members pointed out that it might be worthwhile holding out for the "right" place.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
We are still itching to get something sooner than later for several reasons.

We are 60 years old. I figure we have around 20 healthy summers left. We just lost one as far as I’m concerned and Im not gonna lose another one. Looking for houses absolutely sucks.

Some of Our stuff is in a MiBox pod. I have a trailer with more stuff and a golf cart in it at one neighbors house. I have my Hobie Tandem island boat in the yard of another neighbor. I have the house down in MA jammed with more stuff.

The Hobie will work well at some homes and not others. Same goes for golf cart. Not easy to sell remotely. It’s a mess. Not enough room in MA for everything.

Don’t really want to unpack my box and have to pack it again. MiBox is total rip-off by the way. But it is convenient. I packed my trailer and MiBox to only move a a short distance and then over stuffed them. They are not in shape to move 120 miles.

I also think by next year things could be even worse supply and demand. Inflation IS going to sky rocket sooner or later. Money for house is in cash. It’s devaluating by the day and will buy less and less a house. It’s insane to have that money in volatile stock market if I need it “soon”.

In hind site plenty of places have sold in our price range but we were locked into other offers at the time. Like the shack on happy homes was a good deal in my opinion.
mswlogo is offline   Reply With Quote