View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 01:05 PM   #29
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Richard View Post
Thank you for the encouragement and offer of advice.

This project will be a relatively slow one in the sense that there is a lot of work to do for things to be proper. I was informed of something called "Bravoitis" and my BravoIII has been stricken with it. There are some other items that need attention as well...steering linkage, paint and quite possibly a gimbal bearing.

On the engine, it's looking like a starter and some exhaust manifold work is in order as well as replacing the busted pulley for the Bravo water pump. And while there weren't any error codes to speak of, it seems the TPS is not reporting correctly in that it never sees 100% open. So, there's a little work to be had on the engine as well.

The one detail I have yet to account for at this point in time is when the current "Bralpha" set up is removed. It comes down to a storage issue once that's all been gutted, more so with the engine.

Ideally I'd want to sell the combo of the Alpha transom assy/ Bravo engine as a package. Perhaps I will find a buyer in advance...
Bravoitis is mostly a salt water problem, once you clean up the aluminum oxide and prime/paint it, it should be sorted out for years to come. I just checked mine over the weekend when I had the engine out and after 19 years of mostly fresh water use and trailer storage when not being used, my Bravo does not have the affliction.

I have a spare TPS you can try, and a scan tool to see if it's working right once installed. Um, yeah, I'm gonna need you to work this weekend on a TPS report though.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote