Thread: Hotel? in Weirs
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 05:40 PM   #12
rughooker

Default the former Methodist Parsonage

hello all, I am late to the discussion, discovered it April 2011. Just want to clear something up. The Methodist Parsonage was at 27 Doe Ave, next house down from the old French Manor Restaurant of the 1970's. I lived in the parsonage for 20 years, bought it from the church in 1982. The church fathers wanted to sell it because it was impossible to heat, having no insulation beyond lathe and plaster. I bought the parsonage and had insulation blown in and then was quite cozy. It was a wonderful house to live in. The original maple floors were there in the kitchen and dining room. Fortunately I knew a gentleman who had worked on repairs in the house, in his youth, and he was able to tell me what the rooms looked like and were used for when the pastor and his family lived there. I sold the house in April 2002 and still miss it. Have no idea who owns it now, but it was gutted last year and remodeled, not attractively in my opinion, and went back on the market. btw, the house was built in 1901. Thanks for listening!
rughooker is offline   Reply With Quote