Thread: waterski race?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 12:32 AM   #21
welch-time

I thought I'd share my experience with the race. We'd heard that the race was going to happen, we'd seen the boats/skiers out practicing a few days before the event. The morning of the race (6-7am? I forget) we woke up to the sound of a big powerboat idling out front (2 engines with straight pipes). So I look out and see about 4 or 5 other spectator boats around 100' out in front. Wow, what's going on? At this point I figured out that the race course must be coming past our place. OK, I guess it's time to make the coffee and go out and watch. We were watching the race from our dock. The course brought them right past. It was fun watching. The powerboat guy has been idling all this time trying to keep his boat from drifting. Then a short time later I saw something odd. One of the residents was trolling his boat (25'-30' V hull) back and forth out across the race course seemingly just to be disruptive. This caused some of the spectators to go nuts yelling obscenities. Then another resident in his boat got in a dispute with a boat full of spectators. Maybe because of the loud powerboat idling. Who knows. Clearly some residents were upset.

Last edited by welch-time; 02-06-2019 at 02:38 PM.
welch-time is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to welch-time For This Useful Post: