View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 03:35 PM   #21
Phantom

Dave -

I too boat and am very comfortable navigating at night -- but what I do not understand is why MP will not allow me to run (what I call) my anchor light in addition to my pole 360.

There has been some controversy here already about the term I use -- what I am referring to is a transom mounted white light which is visible roughly 160-180 deg from the stern view and tends to light up my stern & swim platform.

I am a HUGE fan of being able to make sure no one runs up my stern as we have seen in the past. In fact, legal or not - when leaving firework displays (at headway speed or so) I will always run my "blue" under platform lights until the crowd has dispersed. MP has never hassled me for that - yet.

And as for me, having a bright white at the waterline in addition to higher up (over the Bimi) 360 where they tend to blend in with shore lights is a plus -- so one would think -- but not MP ..... and thus did not have one installed on this boat for the first time in a long list of boats I have owned.