View Single Post
Old 09-28-2019, 08:41 AM   #11
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8gv View Post
What about the trim limit switch and trim gauge possibly being out of adjustment?

Maybe the tucked in setting is still 2°-3° to far up.

Starting there it doesn't take much more trim to reach the porpoise point.

I suspect there is a way of measuring this.
I dont think there is a problem, its more of a perception issue of how limited the range is that this boat runs well in.

Older/smaller/less powerful/differently designed boats seem to allow/tolerate a wider range of outdrive trim, and it appears this one runs in a narrow range.

But I think you are on to something in that maybe Formuls should be looking for a trim gauge that better displays the useful range for this boat. The gauge in my boat is clearly suited for a different boat that allows/tolerates a wider trim range. its basically a worthless gauge as it doesnt display useful information, the range of trim movement displayed is almost impermeable.

So maybe in reality you have helpped me better understand part of my concern, I'm in part basing part of my original concern on what I see in the gauge, very little movement on a gauge with a wide potential range. Like putting a 20,000 RPM tach on a motor that mostly runs under 4000 RPM. Not super use/helpful.

Thanks
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote