View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 04:25 PM   #73
tis

Thanked 1,381 Times in 957 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paugus Bay Resident View Post
Funny thing, I had an older MP in my boat when we did the final round of tests (at Timber). It was a little hairy as we had to go WOT by the MP boat that was about 10' offshore, then take a hard turn to port to clear the point and rocks.

When we were done, the officer thanked me, smiled and said "now I know why you guys like these boats"

I hear you on losing time, I got stopped on a Saturday, and the test was scheduled for the following weekend. That was postponed due to fog. Next week failed and 3rd week passed. Lost almost a full month of boating.

My boat was stock, as delivered by the dealer in Winni. We had a cracked baffle (due to age). Fortunately, that was it.
We had no idea when we bought ours that it was loud. I just loved the look of the boat and had to have it. We never even tried it out. And the problem was they didn't really know how to fix it. They tried this and then that and then this and then that until it finally passed. I think they were trying to quiet it enough with a major deal. But it didn't work.