View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 05:11 AM   #192
ApS

Cool Schlitz Happens Sometimes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
I don't even know what an SOS forum is, when I googled it the 10 top hits weren't about boats...You, sir, and your cronies need to stop trying to lump everyone who disagrees with your positions as thugs and outlaws. It is untrue, and frankly makes people see you for what you are.
If you failed to reach SOS after I provided the link to it earlier, I don't see how you can write a responsible disclaimer. You're saying that those who disagree are "not thugs and outlaws", but haven't spent the two minutes that could convince you otherwise. Perhaps the term "sociopath" is better applied—yes—there are sociopaths on our waters: read about it, there.

Quote:
APS are you saying that I am threatening you in any way? if so you may need to seek professional help.
My entire career has been immersed in threats: a colleague was murdered recently.

A lifetime of various life-threatening adventure—and misadventure—has unured me to intimidation and threats.

Others here are not so callous to the specter of on-line intimidation.

Some PMs have emerged to indicate "incipient" intimidation; others, like "We Won!" are suggestive of fantasy to this reader.

On the other hand, buckling-up in the passenger seat of a race car—to train a stranger who wants to race his sportscar—is certainly the appropriate time to bring in "professional help" for me!

Quote:
Regarding drinking alcohol on my boat, It happens just about every time we are on the water. It is perfectly legal and safe. I should not even have to add this disclaimer but knowing how APS Parsi works, the operator of my vessel is never under the influence of alcohol.
It may be legal, but it is definitely not "safe".

No amount of alcohol is safe on the water: the first sip of alcohol clouds Judgment—and Judgment isn't helped by additional alcohol.

The actions of rough waters, wind, dehydration, exposure and sun—take a serious toll on a captain's physical resources—even without having alcohol in his system.

The on-board carry of an Intoxilyzer® is the only sure measure of a captain's reaction to alcohol's influence.

In other waters, authorities can board a vessel with very little "official cause": once aboard, a captain's own testimony can find himself arrested on the spot. Lake Winnipesaukee has a LFOD attitude to alcohol-use aboard a boat. Lt. Dunleavey once spoke of 40% having alcohol on board.

Given Barber's Pole's curved and narrow shoreline, the slower the passage of a "40% boat", is best for the residents of that area. It's a shame that the "60% boats" are punished by the others, but some sub-sets of our population can have that effect on our regulations.